Saturday, July 25, 2009

Leininger Family Reunion





We had the annual Leininger family reunion at my great aunt/uncle's cabin on Johnson Lake, near Lexington, NE. This has been an annual tradition since July of '82...when I was but a wee child of 6 months! It's always fun to swim, boat, eat, and catch up with some distant relatives.

This was the first year that Reef got to go since last year we went to a friends wedding and he was only about 6 weeks old. This was also the first year that mom and dad also had their own cabin to hang out at! Boy was that nice.

Reef enjoyed playing in the yard in the baby pool, swimming in the lake and even riding on the 3 person tube with mom and I! I must say dad was a little nervous to have us take him out, but it was pretty smooth sailing. I think it will be MUCH more fun next year!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture of my wet footprint next to Reef's. It's amazing how similar, yet different, they are.

Jared and I had a good time riding the tube pulled by my dad and Stacey and I rode as well when my brother, Jarod, drove the boat.

Someday we hope to have a get together with friends out at the cabin so many of you can enjoy it, too!

No comments: