Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

On this eve of Thanksgiving I am thankful for many things. If you are my facebook friend, you have seen 23 things I'm thankful so far (I've been doing one a day, if you aren't.)

I am excited to go to Omaha tomorrow to be with Rick's side of the family and eat yummy food (especially Aunt Patty's rolls!)

Tomorrow night starts black friday shopping. I am not sure I am going this year, as we really don't have too much to get. I am still debating on my Christmas list and the Canon Rebel tops my list (Thanks alot Erica and Jenn!) I am trying to take up photography and might possibly take a class at SCC to make myself better and maybe even do some side jobs! I am really feeling my artistic side come out and you will see my newest venture in a future post...and you will see another reason I want the camera~

Friday brings the HUSKERS last home game and as a tradition, we go to Dan and Courtney Landon's for this game and they fry up a turkey and we have yet another holiday type meal. It's so nice to have such close friends to hang out with and watch our kids grow up together.

Saturday we head down to Crete to hang out with both my mom and dad's sides. This is a little more relaxed food-wise. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I will put on a couple more LB's this day, too, but it's not the traditional holiday meal fare. Sometimes it's sandwiches, sometimes appetizers, you just never know what mom has up her sleeve!

Sunday will be a relaxing day at home and hopefully putting up the rest of the Christmas lights and decorating for December!

Can't wait!!!

No comments: