Monday, February 15, 2010

And then there was none...

So I thought Reef was weaning himself about a month ago, and it lasted for about 3 days (which I believe is the "magic" number for children to get used to things) and then he was back on like a mad man! Well, I think it has been about a week or so now that he hasn't nursed! It is weird, but at the same time, I think we were both ready. I really wanted him to wean himself especially since he was such a "boob man" (and what man isn't!?!?!?) He has asked for my milk a couple times but I just tell him it's all gone and ask him if he wants in in a cup and he seems cool with that.

When I started this nursing adventure nearly 20 months ago I just wanted to make it to a year. Little did I know that it would be almost 2! I am thankful that I was able to provide this for him (and I can definitely see the benefits as he really hasn't been sick!) and that it helped me lose those lovely 60 lbs. that I gained while growing him (plus a few more!)

I am just heart broken when I hear of people who don't nurse their children and I understand there are many reasons why some women can't. But if you can...DO! It might seem time consuming (especially the pumping) but the positives outweigh the negatives 100 times over!

I will now get off my soapbox and go get my baby ready to go! :)

No comments: