Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Big Boy Bed...




So, we have a monkey on our hands and he has been climbing out of his crib and pack and plays inconsistently for the past 3 months....and finally it has turned consistent. We had to turn his crib into a "toddler" bed without the drop down side and 2- 1/4 safety sides. I didn't get a picture taken before Reef went to bed and I must say, I worried more about the transition than I needed to. I sat on the floor and patted his back until he was pretty drowsy. I left and he OF COURSE got out of bed and followed me (I could hear him through the door.) He cried a bit, but then I heard him get back into bed and haven't heard him since. I gave him about 30 min. to really fall asleep and checked on him...He was in bed sleeping!

I don't know why I was so worried about this....hopefully it will stay just fine like this and I will be able to tell other moms who are worried about this transition!

I just didn't think that at 19 months, he would be ready, but he sure showed me! He probably would've been fine a month ago when he first started crawling out of his crib!

Pictures to follow! And Grammy and Grampy bought him some "big boy" sheets for his bed....Elmo & friends. He has recently become a HUGE Elmo fan and I'm sure it's from daycare b/c we really don't watch TV at home...at least not kids shows....YET! He mimicks each characters name after we say them and loves Elmo & Cookie! Jared and I love the way he says Ernie (Uhhh nie) and Oscar (Ok ar)!

2 comments:

EricAndErica said...

What a big boy!! Too fuN!!:)

Grammy said...

LOOKS GREAT JULES! CAN'T WAIT TILL REEF COMES OVER AND TRIES OUT HIS BIG BOY BED AT GRAMMY'S. LOVE THE NEW LOOK!