Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

It has been a busy 3 weeks or so since I last posted. Here is what has happened in a nutshell...Hopefully we will slow down soon so I can put pictures and elaborate on some of the events!

End of August: Reef, Rick, Cyndi and I went to Orlando, FL so Rick could get his Florida Chiropractic License Hours...It was a fun trip had by all!!! Reef is becoming quite the swimmer in his little lifejacket suit and arm floaties...he was swimming all across the pool BY HIMSELF!!!

Labor Day: Jared, Reef and I went to the cabin for some relaxation. We had the place to ourselves all Saturday and watched the game at the Marina Bar. We met some locals and had a good time. Sunday AM we just played and relaxed until my dad got out there to chill in the afternoon. Finally my mom surprised us Monday AM and we all had a good time boating and hanging out until we had to come home in the afternoon.

September: I got a long term maternity leave job at Belmont Elem. teaching 3rd grade until Oct. 2nd. I am actually the 2ND person to fill this job b/c the first woman couldn't quite hack it keeping up with discipline, classroom management, the tedious pace and schedule of events. I was stoked to get this job because I have worked with this team before and we mesh well.

I was also sad, however, because that meant I wouldn't get to see my Reef all day, every day. He seems to REALLY have fun at daycare, though, so it makes it easier to leave him there (it also makes it easier that Jared has to take him in the morning and I get to pick him up!) Kim (Melichar) Makovica started an in-home daycare recently and we were pleased that she had room for our little man. We know her from tailgating at her father's gas station downtown and she has a 6 month old son, Jackson, whom Reef has a fun time playing with!

This will be your "crib sheet" of our lives until I can post some pictures and have some anecdotes for you! :)

No comments: