Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Loverly day

Today was a great day! I didn't have to work....okay, you got me, I CHOSE not to work because I had just worked 6 days in a row, that's right, 6 school days, and I missed my baby. It also was pretty exhausting when you aren't used to it! Dealing with 21 third graders for 7 hours is pretty crazy!

First stop was the vital statistics office downtown to obtain a copy of Reef's birth certificate so we can go on vacation on Saturday! I had never gotten around to getting one and luckily Rick and Cyndi checked to see if we needed any identification for Reef. $12 later, we have proof he was born. I could've just showed them my stretch marks and episiotamy (sp?) scar! hehehe

Next on the agenda was Shopko to get some more Hyland's teething tablets. Shopko is the cheapest around to get them. Only $3.99! They work great and there are 125 little tablets in each bottle *I typically give him about 3 each time.* I met Breanna here and she stayed out with the cars and babies while I ran in. What a great friend!

Super Target was next and we killed about an hour and a half just walking and looking at mostly baby things. I walked away with Reef's 1st bday invites, thank you's, napkins and table cloths for $4!!! Gotta love clearance!

Then we made a quick stop at Noodles and Company to pick up lunch for ourselves and Jody as we were going to stop and see how she was faring as a new mother!

Jody & baby Kate was our next to last stop. Kate's bilirubin levels were at a high 18, so she gets to be a glow worm just like Reef was. Hopefully she doesn't have to stay on them for very long! They were doing good...just a lack of sleep for mommy! Typical new mother woes! How soon you forget. We had a short visit as she had a Dr. appt. to get to that afternoon.

Finally we ended up back at our house and we went on a short walk with the boys. It was a long, but good day! I am ready for bed....GOOD NIGHT and Happy St. Patty's Day!

1 comment:

EricAndErica said...

I just ordered Claire's birth certificate and it was $45!! Damn Texans!! Glad you enjoyed the nice weather yesterday!! I'm hoping today is going to be just as nice. I'd see if you want to get together, but Claire is still coughing a bit and her noise is still running :(