Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Busy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day! Be as GREEN as you can be!

Today was a VERY, VERY busy day for Reef and I. We woke up around 7 and I decided I would keep Reef up (usually I feed him and put him back down so he can sleep another hour or so) because we had plans to go to the zoo around 10:30 and I wanted him to take a nap BEFORE going! IT WORKED!!! I put Reef down for a nap around 9:15 (he's been taking hour, hour and a half naps for me in the AM) and he woke up right before 10:30. Of course we weren't ready to go when Grammy got there...there is just too much stuff one small baby needs for a day out...stroller, diaper bag, sunscreen, sippy cup, snacks, extra clothes, extra diapers...Anywho, we were off by 11 and the zoo was waiting for us when we got there. We met my friend Karli and her 8 month old Teagan and strolled around the zoo for an hour and a half.

Next we were off to Southpointe to meet Breanna and the twins for lunch and some shopping. We ate at Noodles & Co. (YUMMY!!!) and then strolled around the mall and got some pretty good deals at Old Navy. I found a really cute tankini, but of course I can't find a top to fit me for the life of me! Maybe after I'm done nursing one will finally fit me!

Then we were off to the Timperley's to hang out with Cindy, Jenn, Erica and the kids. We had a blast seeing the babies together and catching up. Jackson was a riot as usual to watch. We need to do this WAY more often, ladies!

Our final stop of the day was at Super Target because they were having some convertible car seats on sale. These seats you can use rear facing from 5-30 lbs and forward facing from 20-40! Since Reef is so tall he grew right out of his infant carrier car seat and MUCH prefers the new "big boy" seat. We got one for Jared's car (since I had one already) and one for Grammy's car.

Reef was one tired boy and was all tuckered out from the long, FUN day around Lincoln.

No comments: