Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Break




This past week has been LPS fall break, so since I'm a substitute, I get a break as well. This week was filled with fun, friends, appointments, and just hanging out.

MONDAY:
Reef and I just hung out together at home and visited Karli's montessori. I also had a doctor appointment for myself with our new family doctor, Dr. Bellamy (a friend of Karli's from high school.) After 3 weeks, I finally gave in and went in. Turned out, I have a sinus infection and he prescribed some antibiotics. I am feeling OH, so much better, but the coughing is still hanging on, luckily my nurse friend Jenn, told me her sister had the same thing going and the cough hangs on for awhile, since it's trying to clear all that drainage (4 weeks worth now!) :) Sinuses are also stubborn, so it pretty much takes the full 10 days of meds to have all the yucky symptoms to disappear!

TUESDAY:
More relaxing and hanging out. Reef slept in until 8 o'clock...which meant mommy got to relax and catch up on some DVR shows! Reef also took a 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon while I was meeting with some financial planners from NORTHWESTERN. They really opened my mind to some options of getting control of our finances and socking some money back into savings after I really didn't work all summer...and the savings helped us to do that! Finally, Rick and Cyndi watched Reef while I went to my lovely annual appointment and got my car's oil changed. We decided to go to BOO at the ZOO tomorrow so Jared could join us.

WEDNESDAY:
I was supposed to hang out with some good friends from high school today, Sara Weibye Roberts and Lindsey Olmsted, but they were both under the weather, so instead I met Breanna and the boys at the mall and we walked about 8 laps and had lunch. I was pretty excited about how frugal we've become...we spent only $7 on lunch for the 5 of us! I had brought 2 hotdogs, 1 string cheese and a pear from home for Reef and the boys to munch on and Breanna had a buy one value meal, get one free for Runza, so we each got a cheese runza meal and ordered an extra fruit cup for the boys (they all 3 love their fruit!) Needless to say, we were all stuffed and happy that lunch was CHEAP! We then went to BOO at the ZOO and went out to Lazlo's after (check out the other blog post!)

THURSDAY:
We headed down to Crete this morning to hang out with My side of the family (mom, dad, g'ma/pa Mundt, g'ma Becwar) and we had a good time. We were just down this past weekend, but really didn't get the chance to really catch up. After lunch and a short nap (45 min) we headed home. I was hoping if I just threw Reef in the car when he woke up, he might sleep the 30 min back home, but nope...he is too interested in looking out the window at the cars, trees, rain, etc. When we got home we had a snack and then it was back out with Grammy Cyndi because we were going to get our hair cut! Reef had his, I believe, 4th haircut today at SuperCuts and I got mine trimmed as well. Then it was off to pick up grampy, have another snack at Culver's...YUMMY! and then finally to Moiser/Timperley Chiropractic for their grand opening at their new office. We hung out for about an hour before heading home and retiring early!

FRIDAY:
We headed up to Omaha at 8:15 to play with Joe, Jackson and Jenn Timperley. We had a good time catching up and the boys had a great time playing together. We then ate lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise (we knew with 2 adults and 3 children it needed to be kid appropriate!) 4 mini cheeseburgers, broccoli and fried pickles seemed to be the perfect lunch until the drive home...I didn't feel so good. I thought I had just eaten too much, but it lasted through the night. Luckily it was only I that didn't feel so well, so who knows what it was, it only lasted until Saturday morning that the aches, stomachache, all around crappy feeling lasted. Saturday was ok, but I still didn't feel like eating too much! That was OK with me, as we had some trick-or-treating to do (check out that blog as well!)

ALL-IN-ALL a good week. I AM ready to go back to work after having 2 weeks off!

No comments: