Sunday, October 11, 2009

THE FALL...

Yes, I know it is fall and I love this time of year, but that's not the kind of fall I'm talking about. This is the scary kind of fall...down a whole flight of stairs! I knew since Reef is an adventurous boy, we would have all kinds of bumps and bruises, but I didn't think we would have the tumble down the stairs end over end...YET!

We were over at Joe and Ivy's house for a jewelry party and then get together and Jared and Ivy were at the top of the stairs and I was talking to Kim downstairs when all of a sudden, the rubber sole of Reef's shoe must have clung to the stairs while he was taking a step down and thump...thump....thump...he was at the bottom. I'm sure all of the adults said something like..."OH S*** or F***" But I ran to him and looked him over before moving him (myself having fallen down the stairs and an ambulance ride.) He was crying, but not hysterically...and he calmed down within a few minutes. A little momma's milk goes a long way for treating injuries! While he was nursing I ran my hands over his head and there wasn't even a goose egg forming! How crazy are kids and their malleable bodies!! We watched him the next couple of days and he was same ol' Reef...sleeping through the nights and playing through the days.

Let this be a lesson to us all...Even if you have 2 adults within arms reach of a child, they move quickly and the smallest thing (darn shoe!) can turn your world upside down (literally) in an instant! :) Thank the Lord he was FINE!

No comments: