Friday, October 23, 2009

Sick BOY

Reef was sick all this week with a viral fever. It wasn't too bad as illnesses go, but I had to take all 5 days off, and next week is fall break! That means 2 full weeks off. It's bittersweet as "vacations" come, since we really couldn't go anywhere this week. His temperature came Sunday morning at about 10 am...YES, he slept until 10 am...this is when I knew something was wrong. I woke up around 9:30 and was SHOCKED! Usually we are up and about around 7:30, and if it's not Reef that wakes me up, it's ENZO!

I came to the computer and tooled around on facebook and email for a bit and at 10 I went into his room because there was still NOTHING...I could just hear him breathing through the door. He was sitting up in his crib and just looking at me when I walked in. When I picked him up, he was BURNING up. I could tell it was a high temp just by holding him. Yup, 103.8...not good. I gave him some tylenol and changed his sweaty jammies and just snuggled with him. In less than an hour he was his normal self, playing and having a good time.

This continued until Tuesday night when 2 hours after I put him to bed, he woke up and was completely drenched in sweat! I was excited...I ASSuMEd this meant his fever had "broke" and this was the last that we saw of it. I was WRONG! We went to the mall and hung out with Breanna and Steph and all 3 boys, and everything was fine until 5 o'clock that night and BAM...104 fever again. Strange. Again this continued until Thursday night when his temp was around 101 for the last time. This of course meant he couldn't go to daycare on Friday, so I embraced it and realized that I would be home again.

I did also realize that I should probably go to the doctor myself and make myself well again...

No comments: