Wednesday, December 3, 2008

And the crankiness continues...


Day 3 of Mr. Cranky. For the 3rd night in a row Reef has decided to extend his bedtime to nearly 10pm. This is about 3 hours later than usual. Last night he woke up screaming at midnight and we couldn't figure out what was wrong. I finally fed him again (I had fed him at 10, so I didn't think he'd be hungry) and he went back to sleep.

I've tried several non-medicinal remedies to get him more comfortable. Of course we use our homeopathic teething tablets that work great all day, but don't seem to do ANYTHING at night. I did my breast milk up the nose, flip and suck (if you want to know more details, let me know) because of his runny nose bugging him. And I did give him some infant tylenol last night because I was just getting so frustrated. Tonight I tried some homeopathic gripe water that says it's for upset stomachs and gas from colic or teething pain. It seemed to do the trick (although I'm not sure how fast it's supposed to work) but I still had to feed him again (he ate at 7, 8, and 9) before he fell asleep around 9:30 to his rainforest waterfall and music.

On a positive (maybe) note we did wake up to snow that actually stayed put for a little bit. I'm considering this Reef's first snowfall even though technically it has snowed a couple other times. Enzo on the other hand was NOT so pleased with the condensation that stuck because his little paws just don't like the cold.

Pictured: Enzo venturing out in the snow to go potty.

The park view from Reef's window.

No comments: