Thursday, December 4, 2008

The waiting game

It's always a waiting game when you come upon something you're just not sure about. That's how I feel right now with Reef and his lack of sleeping at night to put it kindly. Last night around midnight we finally tried having him sleep in the swing since it is reclined and he wouldn't be laying flat on his back. He slept until about 6 am, so I would say "SCORE one for the team!" After I fed him I tried him back in his crib and he slept until 8.

His naps today weren't quite great, but my mom (she babysat while I worked) said his nose wasn't that runny. Hopefully it's going away! But as my new Parenting mag said, all colds/illnesses are worse at night, so I was prepared for it to come back with a vengeance. He fell asleep at his 7pm feeding so I laid him in his crib. He awoke 30 minutes later with sinuses full of gunk. We're trying the swing thing next. He seemed hungry around 8, but I was at war with myself debating on NOT feeding him every hour. I tried giving him a couple ounces of water instead. He had about 1 and decided that just wasn't doing it. I gave in and let him eat. He didn't fall asleep but was getting sleepy. I sat in the chaise lounge with him reclined on me and let him drift off into dreamland. I set him in the swing at 9:30 (man, it's early!!! ;) and now we're playing the waiting game.

TO BE CONTINUED...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I hope Reef is feeling better so that mom can get back to a "good" routine!