Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A TOOTH!

This evening I felt for the first time a tooth peeking out of Reef's lower gums! I had noticed yesterday what I thought was the tooth getting ready to poke through but I couldn't feel anything. Tonight I felt the jagged little edge of Reef's first tooth! It is the lower right front tooth and I felt around making sure there weren't any other teeth getting ready to make their entrance.

Such exciting times! I just hope this tooth isn't going to play peek-a-boo like I've heard so many stories about.

If you look at the bathtime photos closely you will see what looks like a little indentation in the lower gum...that is where the tooth is. If you see the white dot on his lower gums it is called an Epstein Pearl or Bohn nodule and is completely harmless. He has had that since he was around 4 months and it will eventually go away.

No comments: