Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Busy Guy




Reef has been sooo busy lately crawling everywhere and pulling himself up on anything he can reach. It has been a learning experience on what he can get to and what he SHOULDN'T be getting into. I definitely DO NOT fall into the overprotective parent roll because I think they need to learn, to an extent, the consequences to their actions. Sometimes, though, I am a bit too lenient and forget just how strong my little man is. Take, for example, the other day he was crawling and playing in his room, exploring and I forgot that the small metal shelf that has a few toys on it WOULD NOT be strong enough to support a little monkey pulling himself up on it and what do you know, it toppled over and a wooden toy bonked Reef's little head. Cue crying and terrified little boy! Needless to say, that shelf is no longer taking residence in Reef's room. I went around and tested a few other appliences in his room to make sure this wouldn't happen again!

It has been fun to see Reef developing into a little boy, although it's happening MUCH faster than I thought it would. I knew he was a strong little man, and he's hit his other milestones early, so it's to be expected, but I don't think you ever are ready for your baby to grow up!

No comments: