Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Visiting Great grandma/pa Mundt

Reef and I headed down to Crete at about 9 am so we could get a few errands run before visiting grandma Ruth and grandpa Leon. I put my substitute application down there so I can sub on Thursdays and Fridays as needed and mom and dad can watch Reef.

Our daycare provider, who we were so grateful to have, affectionately known as "grammy", resigned recently due to health issues so we had to come up with something quick so we could still make ends meet. Mom and Dad volunteered graciously even though they still have full time jobs (and work out of the home.) I'm sure we won't need them very often, but it's something. My cousin Jen has always helped out when needed, so we will still use her occasionally and my friend Breanna has volunteered to watch Reef a couple times a week and I am going to watch her kids a once or twice a week as she gets jobs. She is also a substitute, or she was, until she had the twins 2 1/2 months ago! This gives her a chance to get out of the house and have free childcare and me to continue to help our finances!

Back to visiting with g'ma and g'pa. I took care of the sub stuff and went over to their apartment. They weren't home so I called dad and he gave me their "usual" schedule. I found them at their favorite coffee shop enjoying a latte. Boy were they shocked to see us waltz in as if we went there all the time! We visited a bit there and then went back to their apartment for lunch. Fried chicken and the fixin's! It was a good trip down.

After we got back into Lincoln we stopped at Everett Elem. to visit some old friends! It's always good to see friendly faces that I miss from last year.

No comments: